PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

August 24, 2011

Poor Baby Sweater Pattern (Backzip Hooded Baby Sweater)

I have finally finished writing a pattern for the "Poor Baby" sweater.  It can be found at:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-poor-baby-sweater

My Mother taught me how to make this little sweater years ago, so we have been knitting it from memory for a long time.  I had received so many requests for the pattern, that I decided to write my own.

The pattern includes these three design variations, to give you a little variety, if you end up knitting a lot of these. 
I often need several of these sweaters at a time, and end up knitting them two at a time.  It is easy to put two on the needles together.  The only problem comes when your four balls of yarn (needed for four sleeves) get all tangled up.

If you are viewing this blog, and you are not a knitter, I do knit these "for sale".  They are $35.00, and I will custom knit one for you, in the color and style of your choice.  Please contact me at:  knitzillaknits@gmail.com.

You probably remember me blogging last Spring, about my friend Tiffany.  She was expecting a baby girl and wanted to crochet her blessing dress.  This is Lily Paige, who was born in May.  She has been my model for past posts, and the pictures I posted, weren't the most flattering.  Isn't she beautiful?  It helps to have a great photographer (Joy Bailey).

Tiffany worked really hard, with the finest crochet thread, to make this beautiful dress.  Lily was blessed in it in July.  I'm sure it has been carefully packed away for Lily's little girl to wear someday.

Look at the carefully crafted little ruffles.  This was a major undertaking, as a project to learn how to crochet.  I'm sure Tiffany could crochet anything now.  She has a good understanding of the pattern abbreviations, and a larger thread would now be a snap for her.

I thought this picture (taken by Joy Bailey) was especially cute, as it looks like Lily is tieing the ribbon.  Tiffany found the pattern for this dress on-line at:  http://www.lullabiesandlace.com/.  She said it cost close to $100.00 to purchase in it's completed form.  I'm sure she saved a great deal, by making it herself, and she has learned a life-long skill that she is sure to use many times in the future.  Well done Tiffany!  . . . Happy Knitting!

No comments: