PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

November 07, 2011

The Annual Halloween Party - 2011

Every year, my sister hosts a fabulous Halloween Party.  This year was no exception.  We had a great time.  We ate delicious Navaja Tacos, and lots of treats!
As always, the costumes were great too.  Here are the "Coats" as Dorothy, the Wicked Witch of the West, and the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.

. . . and the "Halls" in all their striped glory.


. . . and the "Straups".  Trever hates to wear costumes, so I thought they
were quite creative in their costume design this year.

. . . and the "Steadmans".  Our hosts for the party.  Thanks Care!


. . . and the "Thompsons".  This year's costume design WINNERS. 
As you can see, they came as the "Angry Birds".  Emily is wicked with a glue gun.  We had a great time!

I spent this last weekend trying to design a knitted cozy for a hot water bottle.  I often need something to warm up my feet when I go to bed at night, and I hate to use something electric, that I have to try and turn off, when the toes are warm.  This seems to be the perfect solution. 

I even searched out the method for a two-sided cast on (magic loop cast on: www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhBIS0AhhQY ) so I could knit this little wonder in the round.  It worked out great, and I can now see why you would want to knit socks, from the toe up.  There would be no annoying seams across the toes.  Happy Knitting!

My "Hot Water Bottle Cover" pattern is available for free at: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/knit-zilla-ravelry-downloads.

No comments: