PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

December 09, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I've been so wrapped up with Christmas preparations, that I haven't had a chance to blog about the fabulous Thanksgiving Holiday, we spent at my daughter's house in Idaho Falls.  So . . . a little late, but here it is:
We arrived the night before, and all met up for dinner at "Bubba's BBQ".
The BBQ was delicious, and we hurried back to Carissa's house to start the preparations for our Thanksgiving Dinner.  It was cold, but the roads were dry, so it was smooth sailing on the drive up.
Hunter and Laura made the most yummy sweet potato pie.  She is a really good cook.
We all spent Thanksgiving morning preparing the dinner.  My sister, Carolyn, arrived with her family at noon.
My nephew, Charlie kept Nola entertained reading books and making faces at each other in the bathroom mirror.  She spent a lot of time giggling.

Great appetizers were served at 1:00 p.m.  They were so good, and we were all so hungry, that we ate too many of them, kind of spoiling our appetites for dinner.
The table was set and we were all ready for dinner at 3:00 p.m.

Everything was so delicious.  We all wished we had more room in our stomachs, as we were full much too fast.
Grandma Joan made the pies.  They were yummy too, however, I think Charlie had his whipped cream without the pie.
This was when Charlie told Carolyn and I that we were too old to wear "bling".  I think he may have received such a "talking too" from us, that his ears were burned off.
We were all a little tired, at the end of the day.

Especially me . . . you can see I wasn't getting much knitting done, after all the cooking and clean-up.  Right after this picture was taken, I changed into my pajamas and coat, gearing up to hit the "door crasher" sale at Target at midnight.

It was a wonderful day.  I am so thankful to have a healthy family and plenty of food on my plate. 

Our alpaca herd has grown.  We just acquired 5 adult male alpacas.
Meet Waffles, Spud, Melvin, Apple Jack, and Butterscotch.  Cocoa, Licorice and Chip were not there this day, as they had been sent to the farm to get Cocoa bred.  Such a hard life for these girls.  Always pregnant, even when still nursing a baby.

This is Butterscotch.
These are Waffles and Apple Jack.
This is Spud.  He has extremely high grade fleece, but he is not the sharpest tool in the shed.  However, he is the only one who will fight with Melvin for food.  Melvin seems to be in charge of everything.

I just made my first trip to the mill, to see how our fiber would be milled into yarn.  It was fascinating to see the process, and so exciting to choose the weight, and other fibers to be combined with the fleece sheared from Cocoa and Licorice, last Spring.  I can't believe I forgot my camera, but I'll be sure and take lots of pictures the next time we make the trip.

Christmas knitting has me so bogged down, that I can hardly think of anything else.  Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

Love the picture of Nola picking her nose, haha! P.S. I adore the white sweater you made, he's growing so fast I won't be able to fit those chubby cheeks in much longer:)