PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

October 26, 2012

LET IT SNOW!

It is snowing in Salt Lake City today.  The air is crisp and clear and the mountains look beautiful.  What a great change of season.  It puts me in the mood to bake bread, make soup, build a fire in the fireplace, and sip hot chocolate with marshmallows.  I'm hoping to actually have time this weekend, to do some of these things!

Don't the snow covered mountains make a beautiful backdrop to the cityscape?
However, since I work in "road building", this is more what I see on a cold, snowy morning in Salt Lake City.

Here is my "little SNOW CHICKEN", out building herself a Snowman. and eating its head.

Since the weather has turned cold . . . I thought it was the perfect time to unveil the little baby Christmas Hats, my daughter and I have been designing. 

She sells them in the gift shop at a women's hospital near her home, and at a beauty salon here in town.
Knit in varying strips in red, white & green, they should provide some warmth and Holiday Cheer for little newborn babies and toddlers on the go.

These hats bring out the little elf, with their pointy crowns and little top-knots.

We plan to put them up for display the week of Thanksgiving.  They have been so fun to knit, and we have a lot of them sitting on the kitchen table at my house.
This is a little sneak peak at what we are planning for Spring.  This is the "The Berry Baby Hat" by Michele Sabatier.

Our Knitting Group held a Beginning Knitting II class this past week.  It was well attended, and we had a lot of fun, learning about increasing, right and left leaning decreases, wet blocking, stitch gauge and swatching.  We also talked about yarn weights and fiber blends, along with a lot of our personal lives.
Kristen shared these darling little fingerless gloves, made for her little toddler.  Knit on double pointed needles, she did an excellent job getting the perfect fit.  Notice how the thumb is exposed.  Perfect winter warmth for a little "thumb sucker".  One of the gloves was quickly misplaced by these cute little fingers.  Hopefully, Kristen will find the missing glove before she breaks down and makes another.  Thanks for sharing Kristen.  You inspire us all!

Erica, although just a beginner, is tackling the endeavor of knitting all of her Christmas gifts.  I have done this many years too, although every year I say "never again"!  She is a natural-born knitter, and after discussing some options for gifts for both boys and girls, she is off and running . . . I mean "knitting".  I wish her the best!

I look forward to our next "Knit Night", to be held on November 1, and I hope others will bring their finished projects to share.  Happy Knitting . . .

1 comment:

The Byers Family said...

Kristen's gloves turned out so cute and I'm excited to see what Erica will be making too! See you on the 1st!