PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

March 27, 2013

I'm Back . . . . . . .

Spent last week in Hawaii for a well needed rest.
I spent the week with my husband, sister and brother-in-law.  As always, it was beautiful there.  If you look really hard, you can see the "Royal Hawaiin Hotel" in the background.  This is my favorite place on Oahu.  As well as being the first hotel on Waikiki, each room contains an old Hawaiin quilt, hung on the wall.  A fun thing to see, if you are a quilt lover like me.

One of three lighthouses on the island.

The beach where "From Here to Eternity" was filmed.

A beautiful view.

. . . and although the humidity did a number on our hair . . . we still really enjoyed ourselves.

This is "Turtle Bay".  A fun place to visit, where over 100 turtles live.

This turtle was catching some rays.
We went sailed along the coast of Waikiki, where we enjoyed the view of Honolulu and saw many whales coming out of the water.
Guess who even got to steer the boat for a bit.
This was just before I caught a huge tuna . . . . . . not really, but it was fun to pretend.
Check out our rental car . . . "who ya gonna call?" 
Not really . . . our actual rental car was a boat, but it did hold all of our luggage in the trunk, and my brother-in-law could park a tank on a dime.  Thank heavens, because he was the driver.
We went to a beach luau.  The food was good and we met some really nice people from Orange County, California.
Like always . . . the overnight flights were a drag, and we spent some extended time in airports, but if that is the worst of it.  I feel rather lucky.  I did take some knitting along, but spent most of my flight-time sleeping.  Now that I've had a nice rest, I'm hoping to get some knitting flying off the old needles soon.

Remember . . . a drawing of all "Followers" will be held on March 31.  Two pairs of felted slippers will be given away in Women's size L and Children's size L.  Get signed up as a "Follower" to win.  Happy Easter . . . . & knitting.



1 comment:

Birdseed said...

Looks like you had a blast!