PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

December 04, 2014

. . . in-between the Holidays

Thanksgiving was a fun, relaxing time with family. The food was great, the whether was great, and time spent with family is always great! We traveled to Idaho Falls to celebrate, our daughter made everything especially great. Now it is time to move on to Christmas. That crazy/busy time of year, when you fear you might lose your mind.
 
 
Our Tree and outside lights are all up, and we are ready to start singing Carols and baking cookies.  The shopping is nearly finished and it's time to bring out the wrapping paper for a few marathon sessions of taping and ribboning. 
 
 Here I am, wearing my "Leaving" cardigan.  This is, by far, the best sweater I have ever knit for myself.  I'm tempted to wear it twice a week.  I wasn't really sure that using a Custom Fit pattern would make such a difference, but definitely has.  I love, love, love this sweater!
My "Bloomsbury" is coming along.  It seems to be taking forever and this picture is terrible.  The color is off, and the lacework just looks like knots, but I think it will all turn into a beautiful sweater in the end.  Knit of lace weight yarn on US2 needles, it is a very fine gauge.  It is so soft and dreamy, and I hope to be wearing it for Christmas.  I'll just keep plugging away. 

I'm not knitting any Christmas gifts this year . . . it is so liberating.  I seem to be turning into a knitting Scrouge.  I've come to learn that only knitters can appreciate a hand-knit gift.  Everyone I talk too doesn't believe that yarn for a basic sweater can cost between $100 and 200 . . . and then there are the hours and hours of knitting and measuring and fitting and ripping.  It is a knitter's lesson, when they pull one of their handknit gifts out of their daughter's dryer.  Call it selfish, but after a year of knitting only for me, I'm starting to really like the concept. 
 
Marlene and Joan have finished their "Lady Kina" sweaters.  Marlene looks just darling in her's and I'm sure she is wearing it often, just like I do. 


Joan gifted her sweater to my daughter (her grand-daughter), who is expecting twins.  It looks so cute with that little baby bump peaking out.  I'm sure it will continue to work great as that bump turns into a full-scale mound. 
Kathy is making great progress on her "Lady Kina" and will be wearing it soon.

And Jennifer is knitting socks, both for her and her expected little daughter.

Tonight our "Knit Night" group will be meeting at a local restaurant for dinner and our annual Christmas gathering.  Like always, it should be loads of fun and laughter.  I hope the season is bringing all of you great happiness.  Happy Knitting!

No comments: