PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

February 02, 2015

Goodbye January . . . Hello February

Cold, dreary January has left us behind. It has been unusually warm here in SLC, and February has brought my tulips to the surface. I hope they are able to grow and bloom, but I expect there will be some snow to come. Today is "Groundhog Day", and it's the first time I've not been wishing for an early Spring. I guess that is because I fear "snow in June". I just want to get the cold season overwith, and move on to a long, beautiful Spring.

Running out of yarn for my Bloomsbury, may have been a blessing in disguise. Even though I was able to secure another precious skein of the yarn I needed to finish, the break has allowed me to finish up a few other projects that have been weighing on me. One of these, set aside, projects was the shawl KAL I was participating in with The Salt Lake City Knitting Guild. I had chosen to knit "Flowering Weeds" by Karalee Harding, knit of a fine, lace weight, alpaca yarn in black.

It was a fun pattern to knit, and when spread out to block, the design really jumped out.  It is an extra fine shawl, and will not provide much warmth, but I'm fine with that, as it is planned to be more decorative than functional.

These are not the best pictures, and I would never wear the shawl with these clothes, but my plan is to wear the shawl over a black coat, and the camera really can't catch the flowering design, when it is worn over black.
I'll be returning my knitting project from someone else's yarn in a few weeks.  I knit these Cable-Heart Mittens, but Margaret Radcliffe.  In addition, I incorporated the cable-heart design into a warm headband.  It was difficult to decide how to use these two colors together in one design.  I hope the recipient will be happy with them.
I'm progressing on my "Charlies Cardigan" by Amy Herzog.  Using a Custom Fit pattern, I've got the back and fronts completed, and I'm moving on to the sleeves.  I purchased buttons over the weekend, and I can't wait to be wearing this.  Perhaps I'll have it ready for my next post.

My "Knit Nights" will resume this week.  I've missed seeing everyone, since our Christmas Party in early December.  Our "Lady Kina" KAL will continue.  Here is what we have so far.  I'm looking forward to posting more pictures of finished "Lady Kina" sweaters from our knitting group.




Thanks for stopping by . . . . Happy Knitting!

No comments: