PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

June 25, 2015

New Baby Alpacas

We have two three new baby alpacas (crea).  Both born earlier this month, within a week of each other.
 This Cocoa Bean (Momma) and Tootsie Pop (baby girl)
 This is Twinkie (baby girl) daughter of Licorice Whip
Kissing cousins
Just as I made this post, I received information that we had another arrival.  This little girl was late to the party, but better late than never.  She is the daughter of Cupcake, and we are going to call her "Candy Sprinkles".  Such a great year for us . . . 3 new alpaca babies, and all girls.

I've found a dyer for our yarn.  I met her at the Salt Lake City Knitter's Guild.  Sarah Marsden of Intrepid Tulips.  Check out her website.  She does beautiful, hand-dyed yarns, and she agreed to experiment with some of our worsted alpaca yarn.
 This is what the original, raw yarn looked like, when I passed it off to her.
This is what I received back from her.  She selected the colors, and I think they are just beautiful!  I'm so excited about the way she painted the yarn, and how it took the color.  I have enough to make a striped sweater and some smaller items, such as scarves or hats.  Now to find the perfect striped pattern.  Perhaps I'll have to gather some inspiration and design my own. I hope we'll be working together again.  She gave me some great suggestions for having future fleece processed.  She is such a wealth of knowledge, and I can't wait to learn more from her in the future.


The first of two Robinhood Sweaters is complete.  It looks rather blue in the pictures, as they were taken at twilight.  However, the yarn is actually a medium gray.  This sweater/jacket is for Zeke.  He is so excited as it has the perfect fit, but he'll have to wait until Fall to actually wear it, as it is close to 100 degrees in SLC.  He has also requested a gray/blue striped scarf to wear too.  I don't think it will ever be cold enough to wear them both together.
This is the second of two Robinhood Sweaters, a work in progress (WIP).  This one is for Hayden, and will work up much faster, as she is only 2 years old.  It is nice to change the color I am knitting with, as these chunky yarns and large needles are a bit hard on the hands.  I'll be happy to return to knitting with a finer gauge yarn on smaller needles.
This will be my next knitting project "Poncho Sweater", designed by rix-strixerier.  I've ordered the suggested yarn Rasmilla Luksusgarn and Mohair by Canard Brushed Lace.  Both came from a foreign website in Sweden.  It was rather tricky placing an order, when you cannot read the language,  and you need to convert the currancy, but it all worked out fine, as I have received the yarn, and can't wait to get started on it.  It is my plan to wear this garment when I go to the movies, as it is always freezing cold in movie theatres, even in the Summer.

There has been a lot of chatter on blogs and Ravelry about Wollmeise yarn.  Many have called it their "desert island yarn" . . . meaning if they were stranded on a desert island, this would be their choice as the thing to have with them.  It does produce the most beautiful sweaters, with fabulous stitch definition.  It has been floating around in my head, and I'm hoping to get a sweater's worth for an upcoming project.

Our little twins are really growing.  I just can't resist sharing a few pictures with you.  Thanks for stopping by.  Leave me a comment, as I'd love to know where you are all from.  Happy Knitting!

No comments: