PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

March 10, 2011

"PROVENCE" (flowers & strawberries)

"Provence" designed by Celest Pinheiro
(Canoe by Classic Elite Yarns)
Classic Elite 100% mercerized Egyptian cotton (size XL/9 skeins/4 French Red, 2 Zinnia Flower, 2 Peony Pink, 1 Rose Rugosa)
Needle size: US4 and US6 (3.5 and 4 mm)

This sweater was knit back in 2006, when I was undergoing chemotherapy treatments for breast cancer.  I was feeling rather down (stoned is probably more like it), and the bright colors of this sweater helped the days to pass.  The color and lacework pattern reminded me of flowers and strawberries.
The mercerized cotton yarn was a dream to knit with.  It was tightly twisted, so I didn't have to watch for separated plies, missed with my needles.  Some added shaping in the front would have been a welcome addition, as the front buttonbands are rather narrow and allow for too much gapping between buttons.


The bracelet length sleeves are nice, unless you have my arms.  I should have knit
the sleeves a few inches longer, to hide my chubby wrists.


The sweater pairs nicely with each of the colors in the flowers, or even with a polk-a-dot or small print in the same hues. 

 It is definitely a pick-me-up, after a long, cold winter.  I am sooooo ready for Spring.  Getting this sweater out of the closet, has motivated me to start planning my flowerbeds and deck pots for planting.  I know it is still too early, but I'm going to be ready this year, so I don't miss out on the early delivery of bedding plants at the nursery.  I think I'll look for some hot pink Vicas, just like those seen on this sweater.  And I plan to start a new garden box, filled exclusively with strawberries.  Happy knitting!

I recently became an official "Great-Aunt".  This is my nephew Casey, and his wife Anna.  The cute one is Baby Sofia, and the pix were taken by their photographer friend Jen.  Isn't Sofia the cutest baby ever?  She is the first grandchild of my sister, Annette.

Casey & Sofia

No comments: