PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

April 20, 2011

Cables and Saddle Shoulders

Weight gain and loss have really affected this cabled sweater.
It was knit in stages, over a 3 month period, in 2004, 2005 and 2006.  It was probably the most difficult pullover I had ever knit, up to that point, and thus took me longer than any knitting project ever has. 
I found the pattern in a Knitpicks Catalog (I think it was a free pattern), but I cannot locate it now, as I have stacks and stacks of knitting magazines and pattern books.  I apologize to the designer, as I cannot give credit at this point.  My pullover was knit out of Knitpicks, Wool of the Andes (Moss), on Size US 6 needles.

It was originally made for my husband, Steve, but he gained a few pounds over the years it took me to complete, so he was never able to wear it.  I thought I would just wear it myself, but I have had a weight loss journey of my own recently, and it is far to big for me now (plus it is much to masculine for my taste).  Trever (my son-in-law and model in these pictures), has recently lost quite a bit of weight too, so I thought I had better post these pictures, before he remembered me taking them.

I learned a lot about knitting cables during this process, and you'll note the saddle shoulders are knit right to the front and back, and continue "in-the-round", down the sleeve to the cuff.  This was hard for me, as I like to put two (or four) sleeves on the needles at the same time.

It looks like Steve's green pullover will be returning to the cedar chest for a while, as it doesn't fit anyone right now.  Oh well . . . it was worth the knowledge I gained in the knitting.  Happy Knitting!

THERE IS STILL TIME . . . The drawing for the Backzip Baby Sweater (from previous post), will be held on April 30, 2011.  Sign up as a FOLLOWER, if you are interested in winning.


1 comment:

Audrey said...

I'm following!!!!