PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

June 22, 2011

Krista Tee


This little top has been in the "on the needles" section of this blog, for quite some time.  It is the first item I have finished for myself, this year.  It was finished back in May, but it took me some time to get it blocked and photographed for posting.
"Krista Tee"
Designed by:  Joan McGowan-Michael
Knit Picks Shine Worsted (Black)
5 skeins
Size:  Bust 42.5" (West up 2 sizes to achieve gauge)
Needle size:  US 7

The pattern was easy to follow, but I was afraid the neck opening would be too wide and too low for my liking.  So . . . I widened the shoulders and raised the lace panel at the neckline.  It fits perfectly.

The reason I picked one of Joan's designs, was my desire to learn how to make knits fit in a more body-conscious way.  On this pattern, she simply had you switch to smaller needles for three inches at the waistline, to pull it in closer to the body.  This method worked great!

The sleeves also had an unusual shaping, which pulled them in tight to the shoulders at the top of the arms-eye.  I have ugly upper arms, so I lengthened the sleeves quite a bit (5 inches), which was an easy transition.  I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of this top, and I have purchased yarn to make one for my friend too.  Hopefully, I'll get to knitting it before summer is over.  Her's is going to be white, and since we spent time together when I was knitting this one, I'm sure she will like it.  Happy Knitting . . .
Reminder:  A drawing will be held on June 30, 2011 for the "Braided Button Headband" made in 100% Alpaca yarn, from a previous post.  The drawing will come from the "Followers" of this blog (see "Followers" section to the right).  If you are interested in winning, get signed up now.


No comments: