PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

July 18, 2011

Lori Shrugged - Part II

I've finally completed all of the "test knitting" for my Pattern "Lori Shrugged".  It seems that everyone in my family wanted one, which was flattering, since this was the first originally designed pattern I was planning to sell.  Flattery quickly turned to time consuming, so I am happy to report, that I am finished!
This shrug was knit for my daughter-in-law.  She is a tiny little thing, so it went quite quickly. 

It is knit of an ivory colored cashmere blend.  It is so soft.  I think she will love it.

The lacework really shows up well in this color and weight yarn.

This shrug was knit for Alex for her birthday. 

You can tell that a heavy weight yarn was used.  It looks quite nice with the denim skirt she requested to go with it. 

It is a little harder to see the lacework, with a heavier yarn and a darker color.  She was really pleased to receive it.  It will come in handy when she starts school in the fall.  She is finishing up her Bachelor's Degree at the University of Utah, then it's on to Medical School.  She'll be applying to several schools in the spring, but since she plans to become a Physical Therapist, there are only a few that offer the program.  She could be moving to Colorado, Idaho, or Nevada, depending on where she is accepted.  We all have our fingers crossed for her acceptance at the University of Utah, but we'll take whatever she gets, and we'll be happy about it.

You can purchase and download this pattern (Lori Shrugged) at:  ravelry.com.  I would love to hear from anyone who tries knitting this pattern.  I am just a beginner designer, and would love any feedback for improving patterns in the future.

2 comments:

laura Utley said...

O my gosh Mom!!! that shrugg is so cute. I love it so much. I can't wait 2 weeks to try it on :) I really love it thank you

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

Love these!