PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

September 07, 2012

"KNIT NIGHT"

Last night was the second meeting of my new knitting group.  We had a great time, catching up on each other's lives, and the things our children are all doing.  Some of my grandkids crashed the party, and it was fun to see them.

Kathy and LouJean were working on a beautiful quilt, to be pieced from piles and piles of old silk ties.  I'm sure some of the ties came from their sons' service on LDS missions to Chile', Russia, California, etc., so I am sure the finished product will have some sentimental value, as well as being beautiful.  I wish them every success in the quilt's completion, and hope to have pictures of their progress to post.
Joan baked some yummy brownies for us all to enjoy, as well as sharing this completed knitting project.  This shapely knitted vest came from "Cabled Embrace", a pattern designed and published by Maria Lee of the Black Dog Fiber Studio.  Joan purchased the pattern as a kit from Knit Picks, and it was knit up in Knit Picks "Wool of the Andes - Bulky" (Masala).

"Cabled Embrace" calls for size US 10.5 needles, so it knit up quickly.  It was knit in two pieces (sideways), and was seamed up the back.  It is a great pattern, and Joan did a fabulous job knitting and seaming it together.  I've got yarn ordered to make me one too.  I hope mine turns out as nice as Joan's.

We are planning a "Witch Knit" for October, where everyone will come dressed as a Witch, and we'll have a little contest on the best costume.  Perhaps some will employ their best "witch cackle" for the evening, as we seem to do a lot of laughing!

I've started a test knit of my latest pattern:  "Emery".  I've found some glaring errors in my pattern, and I'm most apologetic to those who are already test knitting it.  I'm knitting it up in my latest obsession:  Fyberspates Scrumptious (cornflower).  I can't seem to curb my desire to continuously be knitting with this fabulous yarn.

The lacework pattern comes from my "Joan" sweater, although "Emery" will be a lace and rib tank.  I'm knitting this sample for my daughter Alex.  I hope to have the pattern ready for publishing in October, so watch for it on Ravelry.com.

I've purchased more yarn for my "Laura Leaves Tank", and it is back on track.  I should have it finished in the next week or so, depending on my ability to focus, and not start additional knitting projects.  I seem to really have a problem with this, and often the needles I need are lurking in another "in progress" project.  I guess I love the starting, and always get side-tracked in the finishing.  This chair has become my favorite place to escape in the evenings for a little relaxation, knitting and watching the zucchinni grow.  I hope you have a great escape spot for knitting too.

Happy Knitting . . .

No comments: