PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

October 31, 2013

Busy . . . Busy . . . Busy

October has brought a lot of fun events.
We took the whole family to DisneyLand for a fun vacation.  We stayed in Palm Dessert at a great resort, and travelled on two separate days to DisneyLand and LegoLand.
 



 
 
We had a fun and relaxing week. The drive there and back was long and tiring, but the rest was lots of fun!

We returned, just in time for our annual Family Halloween Party.
Mario and Luigi were there.

There was a "Big Bang".

Cinderella and Prince Charming arrived.

We had Salt and Pepper with our dinner.

A cute little "Candy Corn" witch.

A Zombie Doctor . . . I don't think I'll be booking an appointment with her, any time soon.

Some cute little "sister" bugs.

Some Bank Robbers and their Bag of Stolen Money.

And a scary zombie hunter. It was a really fun party, with lots more adorable costumes, a great dinner, and fun games and prizes.

The next day we were off to the Pumpkin Patch, to collect some pumkins for carving.
Hayden wore her new "Poor Baby" sweater. She was warm, and looked so festive riding in the wheel barrow with the pumpkins. I have knit so many of these little, backzip sweaters, and they are always a hit. So easy to slip them into, with the zipper up the back.
Now that the requests for "Poor Baby" sweaters are all finished, I'm back to knitting on my Drew Sweater.  I've had some confusion with the pattern, and have done a lot of ripping back.  I am finally working on the back collar.
You can't tell from the picture, but I think I've knit the collar so it turns to the wrong side. However, the shell pattern is turned correctly, so I'm just going to go with it.

I currently have 6 weeks into the knitting of this sweater, and I still need to design and knit sleeves for it, as the original pattern was a vest. Hmmmm . . . I'm starting to wonder if it will ever be finished. My fingers are just itching to start a new project. Hopefully, it will be finished by my next post. Happy Knitting . . .

No comments: