PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

October 15, 2013

Plugging Away

My "Drew Sweater", is coming along
I have both front pieces on the needles and I'm nearing the point where the shall collar is knit.  I'm really excited to get working on the collar, as it is the very thing that really attracted me to the pattern.
However, just like always happens, I've had to set my "Drew Sweater" aside, to work on other requested projects.
Back to knitting "Poor Baby Sweaters".  I've knit so many of these, I should be able to knit them in my sleep. When I announced to my family that 2014 was going to be a year devoted to knitting only for me, and trying to learn how to perfectly fit my strange body, everyone went into a frenzy! Many requests were made, and this was the result. This one, with my favorite baby booties, was knit for a customer at my daughter's hair salon.

These two, shown on the needles together, will be shower gifts. One for my son's friends, and the other for a friend of mine. Not pictured here, is the mustard colored sweater I am making for my grand-daughter. She is only 5 months old, but her newborn sweater was quickly outgrown. Her mother requested the color, and it should be completed by the end of the week. She made me laugh, when she said the hood of the first sweater no longer fit my grand-daughter's "melon". So funny . . . I'm sure she will grow into her head soon.

I'm so excited! This is the swatch for my first "Fit to Flatter", custom fit pattern. I swatched in the yarn from my "Drew Sweater", as I had it on hand, and I loved the feel and drape it produced. My measurements and swatch information have been run through the "Fit to Flatter" software, and I just received my first pattern. I've ordered the yarn in a "Garnet Red", and I can't wait for it to arrive.

However, I must complete my "Drew Sweater" before I can get started. In addition, I have the yarn all wound in balls for another Christmas gift sweater that must be started too. I know that I have announced to my family that I will be spending all of 2014 knitting only for myself, so there will likely still be some last minute knitting requests. I'm only accepting requests for small projects that can be completed in a week or less, but it is going to be really hard not to cast on for this new pattern, as soon as the yarn arrives.

I'll be going on a fun, family vacation soon, so perhaps I can whip out a lot of knitting. Long car rides are always great for knitting projects.

Please sign up as a "Follower". I am planning some fun give-aways, and the winners will be selected from a drawing of all "Followers", new and old. Have a great Autumn Season, and Happy Knitting . . . . .

1 comment:

Birdseed said...

A year of knitting for yourself -- good for you! I can't wait to see the projects you choose.