PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

December 20, 2013

Sweater #1

The Christmas Knitting is completed. The gifts are all wrapped. There is only cooking and fun family events left to attend, so I have focused my attention to the beginning of my year of knitting only for me. We've had some big snowstorms here in SLC, so there have been some evenings too cold and slick to go out. These have been great evenings for watching Christmas Specials on TV and getting started (a little early), on "Sweater #1.
I am focusing on getting the perfect fit this year, even though I don't have the most perfect body. I've purchased a "Fit to Flatter" pattern, which was written to fit me exclusively.  This is the back piece.  You can see there is a lot of body shaping going on.  I have customized the design, by adding the lacework from "Peabody" to the back and along the plackets of the front pieces.
The fronts are getting close to neck and armhold shaping. Knit from "KnitPicks - Swish DK (Garnet Heather)", I am so pleased with the outcome, so far. This sweater is part of a KAL, Amy Herzog is having for her new "Custom Fit" software. A brilliant idea, which had turned her world upside-down, and has opened a brand new door for the sweater knitters of the world.



The finished sweater will be a long-sleeved cardigan. I haven't decided yet, but it may have a tie closure in the front. We'll see when we get there.

I've purchased the yarn for Sweater #2, which has decided it neads to be Amy Herzogs "Afterlight".

The swatching for Sweater #2 is complete, and it is just waiting for the completion of Sweater #1. My fingers are itching to caston, but I am trying to control myself to focus on #1 until it is complete. Sweater #3 yarn has been purchased and a pattern selected, but I've got to quit getting ahead of myself.

Several years ago, I knit this sweater for my Son. He chose the pattern, the yarn, the color, but when the sweater was completed, he thought it was much too bright to actually wear. He wouldn't even wear it for me to take pictures, so this is my Son-in-Law modeling it.

This sweater was knit to replace the blue one. It is simple, it is gray, he does actually wear this one, and was willing to model for some pictures for me. Thus the blue sweater has been folded in my sweater closet, for years. However, this year it gained new life.
I was a bit insulted, when asked if I had a sweater that could be worn by my other Son-in-Law to an "Ugly Sweater" Party. I offered up the old blue one. This is what he turned it into. I think it is hillarious, and my feeling of insult was quickly turned to laughter. I've requested that the sweater remain "as is", in case we have need for it in the future. I hope he won the "Ugly Sweater" contest.

In January, 2014, my knitting group will be starting a knit-a-long (KAL) of the "Poor Baby Sweater". I've decided that my readers may want to join in on the fun. On January 1, three Patterns for the "Poor Baby Sweater" will be awarded to commenters on this Post. If you are interested in winning a Free Copy of the "Poor Baby Sweater", simply write a comment. If you are interested in joining our KAL, the pattern can be purchased on Ravelry.  I'm hoping to post pictures of all of the KAL sweaters in April.  I hope you'll decide to join us.

Happy Knitting . . . and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

2014 Knitting for ME - I love it! Your CustomFit sweater looks great so far, looking forward to seeing it when it's done. :)