PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

January 02, 2014

My Knitting Review of 2013

Happy New Year Everyone! 2013 was a great year for knitting, and I look forward to 2014, when I will be knitting exclusively for myself. Sweater #1 is well underway, but I wanted to take a minute to look back at 2013, and remember some of my great knitting adventures.
2013 began with the "Steven" sweater. It was knit for my Husband, and is modeled by my Son. I learned some great technique for creating "chain cables".
The "Katrina Rib" sweater.

Two new babies in my life, and two "Lotus Baby Blankets".


Lots of "Practical Baby Bibs".

The "Angela" tank.  Inspired by a sweater worn by a co-worker, I designed and wrote this pattern in May/June.

The "Hayden" sweater and bonnet.

The pineapple headrests for my new chairs.
More "Poor Baby Sweaters".
This one is my all time favorite. A different color for me, but it turned out so cute!

Crocheted "Gatsby Headbands".



"Peabody" for Barbara.  An adaptation of a sweater turned cardigan.

The early beginnings of my 2014 knitting. Sweater #1 in the "Knit for ME" series.

It has been a great year for knitting, and I expect 2014 will be the same. Sweater #1 is nearing completion. Sweater #2 is swatched and the Back has been cast onto the needles. Sweater #3 has been selected, and the yarn has been ordered. Sweater #4 is ready to be swatched. I'm trying to not get ahead of myself. As you can see, I love the planning phase of a knitted sweater.

We just received our 2013 batch of alpaca yarn. Some beautiful combinations were produced, and these yarns will quickly find their way into my "Knit for ME" series.

Sadly, we lost "SPUD" just before Christmas. We weren't really sure how old he was, but we suspect he contracted a virus, and in the cold he wasn't able to overcome it. We will miss him and his goofy look, as well as his premium fleece. RIP Spud.

Happy Knitting in 2014!

No comments: