PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

March 07, 2014

Slow Going . . .

I've been working on Sweater #2 for nearly 6 weeks now. Who would have thought knitting with sock weight yarn and US2 needles would be such a drawn-out process.

It is Amy Herzog's "Afterlight".  Knit from a "Custom Fit Recipe".  It is coming along, and I love the way it looks.  I'm alternating the skeins, so there won't be any color pooling in this variegated yarn.

The body is finished, the neck has been added, the sleeves are on the blocking table.

Knit of Lorna's Laces - Soulmate, the fabric has a light, drapey feeling, and I'm sure it will be amazing to wear. Although we are having a big family birthday celebration this weekend, and we will have a house full of guests, I am hoping to get it finished up. I'm hoping my next post will have the finished product.


Now on to Sweater #3, "Little Wave" by Gudrun Johnson.  I've purchased a Custom Fit pattern and it is on the needles, and well on it's way.  Since it is knit on US8 needles, it is flying along.

I'm knitting mine of a Bulky KnitPicks yarn of an Alpaca/Wool blend. It is a special colorway, "Kitten", that was only available on the KnitPicks website for a few days. It is so soft and warm. I can't wait to be wearing it. Hopefully, I will be able to recover a few weeks and finish it by the end of March.

At my February "Knit Night", Becky shared a little book of knitting patterns for dishsoap bottle dresses. They were all so cute, knit in dishy yarn. I couldn't resist knitting up several of the patterns. Thank you Becky . . . I think they would make darling shower gifts.

I purchased matching dishsoap bottles for the dresses I made, and we had a drawing at our March "Knit Night". Becky, Erika, Judy and Sharalee all took the little dresses home. The rest were given a copy of the patterns. Becky challenged me to write-up a pattern for a little boy, so they could be hung from a bottle of bubble bath and used as the baby's washcloth. Great idea Becky! I'll get right on that.

We were finishing up our "Poor Baby" sweater KAL, so everyone was talking about sewing in zippers and making tassels. My sis was already finished, and you can see the darling little baby sweater she has started on.
Up close, you can see the lace leaf pattern yoke. And the sweater is green, rather than yellow. I guess I should have turned the flash on my camera on. So cute . . . I have got to knit one of these!

Becky was crocheting this beautiful baby blanket. So much work and time . . . but so worth it. Lucky Baby!

Check out the beautiful colors, and the texture. I hope this one is for Kristen, but then I guess Becky's other grandchildren deserve a beautiful blanket too.
Sharalee was crocheting around little burp pads, with the softest, fuzzy yarn. They looked darling and so easy. It looks like the perfect method for fast, with a great outcome.

Joan was just casting on a Joan Vass Dress pattern. It will be summery, stretchy and the perfect swimsuit cover. She has a Custom Fit pattern to make sure it fits her perfectly, and it is knit of a tape yarn. I didn't have a picture, but we can take our own, when the dress is completed.

"Knit Nights" are always such fun, and so inspirational. I want to knit everything I see there. I have a whole pile of "Poor Baby" sweaters, waiting for me to sew in the zippers. Some decided to sew their own. I hope to see them all on Ravelry. Happy Knitting.

No comments: