PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

March 27, 2014

Spring Inspiration

It looks like Spring is finally coming to SLC. The snow has melted in the valley and my tulips are starting to poke through. It has been a hard winter for us. Pneumonia struck our alpaca herd, and within a few short weeks, we lost 4 of them (Spud, Waffles, Oreo and Pepper). It was a big loss for us, since we only have 11. Having a small herd makes for some strong attachments, so we feel like we lost some loved pets.

Thankfully . . . Spring renews! We are expecting 2 new babies at any minute.  Both Cocoa and Cupcake were due to deliver on March 22.  If all goes well, our herd will be increasing again.
A dear friend of mine has just started a great website: "Now Yours", where you can purchase fun and trendy jewelry, clothes, and home decorating items.  Check it out!  The items are all darling, the photography is great, and the prices are reasonable.  The site also runs daily specials and giveaways!
I recently purchased these darling, spring banners to hang over the bar in my kitchen. My friend makes these herself, and she does such a good job on them. Although my kitchen is decorated in warm colors, I love adding a bit of spring color for the season. She was also making fun burlap table runners for Easter.
Lucky for me! She had a small square piece remaining. She remembered that I have a small round table in my breakfast area, so she finished the edges and gifted it to me.
Thanks again Pam . . . I love it!! It is just perfect to overlay a longer round tablecloth, and is perfectly centered with my pewter pumkin pie dish. It really gets me in the mood for the season. I'm quickly knitting some fun Easter prizes for my upcoming "Knit Night". Check back next week to see the prizes and to hear about the winners.

I've completely finished Sweater #2, but I can't seem to find the time to take pictures of it. It turned out nicely, although a bit short for my liking. I've re-blocked it, in hopes of getting a few additional inches of length out of it. Hopefully, I'll find the time for a little photoshoot this upcoming weekend. Sweater #3 is nearly three-quarters complete, and since it is a warm, cozy boyfriend cardigan, I'm hoping to finish it in time to wear a bit on cool evenings. I'm loving it, so far, and I'm sure it will be loved for years to come. As I work towards starting Sweater #4, which is already in the bag and ready for cast-on, I'm always on the look-out for the next project. I'm always getting ahead of myself.


While browsing through Pinterest I was so inspired by these knitting designs. However, lucky for me (I guess), the links to the patterns were broken, and I was never able to find them. Otherwise, I would probably be plotting a way to work them into my knitting schedule. There are so many beautiful knitwear items available for knitting, and I just cannot get my fingers to go fast enough! I suppose I'll just have to dream on them for a bit. If they stay in my memory . . . I'll probably be searching a little harder to find the patterns, or I'll be changing them up and writing my own patterns for them.

I love to hear what inspires you . . . so drop me a line in the "comments". Thanks for stopping by and Happy Knitting!!

No comments: