PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

July 09, 2014

Southeastern UTAH

I just returned from a whirlwind tour of southeastern Utah, where I saw some sights for the first time. It was HOT, dusty and especially BEAUTIFUL! After seeing a recent movie, which was filmed in Monument Valley, I just had to see it for myself. Here are some of the pictures we took.
  

 
 
 
 
 
 
In all, we visited Arches National Park, where we saw Delicate Arch; Mesa Verde; Four Corners, where we creatively stood in 4 states at the same time (Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico); and Monument Valley. We packed our lunch each day, and drank a LOT of water. It was a great time! 
On our return, we stopped at this location to take a few pictures, and found the tread had come off a tire on our 5th Wheel, which completely beat up the wheel well and side of the trailer. Funny, we didn't even realize it had happened until we stopped. Lucky this was our only problem on the trip. You can see in the picture, that 2 little boys thought they could hike up to the rock formation all by themselves. Luckily a baby was crying up there, so I was able to convince them they should stay and help Grandpa change the tire.

As we were traveling from place to place, I was madly knitting on my "Kina Sweater" sample. I ran out of yarn and even knit up the yarn from my swatch. In our jumping from car to car, someone stepped into my knitting basket and put a nice red dirt footprint on the inside of my sweater. I hope it will wash out, but if it does not, we'll have a nice momento from the trip. Luckily, the dirt footprint is on the inside, and won't be seen when worn. Anyway, I'm hoping to get some more yarn to complete my sample in the same dye lot, so I can finish it up. In the meantime, I'm back knitting on my Laura Leaves Tank.

I hope you are having a fun summer and you are taking time for a vacation or two. Happy Knitting!

No comments: