PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

July 16, 2014

Sticking to ONE?

For some reason, I have the hardest time focusing on just one knitting project at a time. I've had to purchase many sets of knitting needles in the same sizes, because the ones I need are alway lurking around in another unfinished object (UFO).

Currently, I have quite a few UFO's in varying stages, which are riding around in my knitting basket, sitting on the corner of the couch, or are tucked into the ottoman where I store upcoming projects. Here are a few of them:
This is another "Laura Leaves Tank", which I am knitting from a Custom Fit recipe for the "Custom Fit Summer Sweater KAL".  I'm knitting it of "Fyberspates Scrumptious 4ply.  This is my all-time favorite yarn to knit with.  It is coming along nicely, with just the neck and arm bands left to knit.  I hope to have this finished before the KAL deadline on August 15.  This will be my F2F #5 for 2014.
 
This is "Eva" by Cheri Christian, which is my F2F #6 for 2014.  She is knit of Rowan Kidsilk Haze, in the color "Sweet".  She is just getting started, and you can see the front ruffle will have a tiny little row of sparkly beads. 
This project is just about finished. It is my "Lady Kina" sample, for my "Knit Night" KAL, coming up in the Fall.  I knit this sample for my darling, little grandaughter, so I should have pictures of her wearing it soon.  I hope it fits!   
It was coming along nicely, until someone stepped in my knitting basket and put this nice red dirt footprint on the inside of the back.  I'm hoping it will wash out, when soaking the finished sweater for blocking.  If not, I guess it won't be too upsetting, as it is on the inside of the garment.  This sweater is knit of KnitPicks - Gloss DK, in the color Sea Spray. 
I've finally decided on the yarn for my "Lady Kina" sweater.  I've ordered KnitPicks Comfy in the color "Doe", which is a soft brown.  Knitting two "Lady Kina" sweaters in simple stockinette stitch, is much too boring for me, so I've decided to incorporate the lace pattern from the "Growing Leaves Cowl" by Meghan Macko, into the body of my sweater.  Hopefully, this will all work out. 
In addition, I just received the yarn to knit a "Stella Pullover", by Kristen Hipsky.  It will be knit of Valley Yarns - Alpaca Silk, in the color Black.  This will be F2F #7 for 2014.  I'm hoping to caston for this sweater tonight.

I know . . . I'm totally A.D.D, when it comes to knitting!  I'm always in a state of finishing, starting, or ordering.  Do you really think having 5 WOP (works in progress) at one time, is too much?  I always mark my pattern and use a stitch counter, when I move from one project to another, so I don't waste time when I come back to it.  The only problem seems to be that I don't finish Summer sweaters until in the Fall and Winter sweaters until the Spring.  I guess I need to switch up my planning a bit. 

I hope you are enjoying the Summer and that there is a bit of knitting moving on your needles.  Happy Knitting!

No comments: