PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

September 25, 2014

"Leaving" is Coming

My "Leaving" cardigan by Anne Hanson is coming along.  Knit of Lisa Souza's Baby Alpaca Silk in the colorway "Cranilicious".
The back is finished, and I have started knitting the sleaves.  I've followed the pattern shaping up to the point where Custom Fit shaping takes over.  So fun to knit.  I love the lace design, and the yarn is a dream to work with.  It is a lace weight yarn, knit on size US 5 needles, so it is fine gauge, and does not knit up quickly.  But . . . I'm sure it will be worth it in the end, as I love wearing finer gauged sweaters.
 
You can easily see that I have trouble keeping my lace holes consistent.  When creating a yarn-over from purl to knit, I get a much smaller hole, that when creating a yarn-over from knit to purl, or purl to purl.  I guess I am consistent in the stitches always coming out the same.  I'm open to suggestions, if you have a method for keeping your lace holes consistently the same size, please let me know. 
I've found a home for my first "Lady Kina" sample.  It was the perfect fit for Ellie.  I'm sure she'll put it to good use.  Her Mom is purchasing a matching skirt, so I hope to have some better pictures of Ellie wearing her sweater soon. 
 My "Knit Night" Group is having some knitting successes.  Kathy and Jennifer finished their "Poor Baby" KAL sweaters.  They are just in-time for the arrival of Jennifer's new baby girl (Kathy's first grandchild).  They thought these were more boy colors, but I think they will be just darling on a baby girl!  They both did such a great job knitting these little sweaters.  You would never guess they were beginner knitters.  It won't be long, and they will be experts. 
 
Jill (Ellie's Mom), just finished this darling baby romper.  It is so cute with the matching pumpkin hat.  Just perfect for a baby to be born in mid-October.  Jill is quite the expert knitter.  I can't wait to knit this pattern myself.  I just need a new grandchild to give me purpose.  
Jennifer has been working hard, turning WIP's (works in progress) into FO's (finished objects).  Look at these darling little quilts, all hand-pieced.  Her baby in coming to a very talented Mother.

It is turning into a beautiful Fall.  The perfect season for knitting!  Happy Knitting!

No comments: