PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

October 03, 2014

The Witch Knit 2014

It is that time of year again! Time for the 3rd Annual "Witch Knit". Our yearly coven gathered again last night. Such a fun time. Great costumes, great food, lots of laughs, and even some knitting. Check out the fun:
 

 
First Place Costume Winner -- Jeri
Second Place Costume Winner -- Judy 
Third Place Costume Winner -- Emery
I wish I had remembered to take a picture of the prizes.  They were darling!  Carolyn made 3 witch hat Halloween advent calendars.  Each cardboard witch hat was painted, and 13 candy treats were tied to the brim in brightly printed ribbons.  A treat for each days - for the 13 days leading up to Halloween.  Such fun prizes to win.  It made it totally worth the effort of dressing up in your best witch attire. 
We had a few more attendees, but I had to save my best news for last.

My daughter has her Halloween costume all ready too.  Look  . . .  we are expecting granchild #7 and #8!  Sooooooo exciting!!
 
Everyone was working on their "Lady Kina" sweaters.  Such beautiful colors!  One was even nearing completion.  The KAL is clipping along.  We'll soon have pictures of everyone wearing them.  Such good knitters!
You would think I lived in Seattle, instead of the desert of Salt Lake City.  We had torrential downpours all during the months of August and September.  There was a lot of flooding, and this most beautiful rainbow.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  I've never seen such a bright, full rainbow!  Each color was completely defined.  Even purple.

Our grandsons were even able to go kayaking in the makeshift lake at the water retension park near our house.  I love the rain, and with the exception of the hale storm that I was afraid would dent my car, it has been very enjoyable.

My "Leaving" cardigan is coming along nicely.  I'm at week 3, and I've just completed the sleeves.  The back is done, and I'm about to start on the front pieces.  Knit from Lisa Souza's Alpaca Silk, it has been a dream to knit.  I should easily have it finished by the end of the Custom Fit Fall Festival Sweater KAL on November 15.  I hope you are all enjoying your Fall knitting.  Happy Knitting!

No comments: