PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

September 22, 2015

Summer is Running Away!

I can't believe it has been an entire month since I've blogged.  Summer is "running" out of my life. . . .
One really good thing about the "end of Summer",... is the cooler weather.  I'm always anxious to get back into my sweaters.
The last month has been a flurry of activity.  I knit this shawl for a friend, who had become frustrated with the pattern.  I thought it was really fun to knit, and she was so excited to get it back.  She is planning to use it when sitting in meetings, when the air-conditioning is running too high.
I finished crocheting a Blessing Dress, Bonnet and Booties for my expected Grand-daughter.  She should be arriving in early October.  It was a trick, as the pattern was written for a small doll, so I had to resize it.  I think it will be really cute on her, and luckily, her Mom loved it.
We've had some really rainy days.  It is always fun to play, barefoot in the puddles, and to float home-made boats in the gutter.  Even when your Grandmother only has a flowery umbrella.

Alivia is "3", and it was her turn to make a trip to "Build-a-bear".  She named her little bear "Cookie", and she even has pink glasses, just like Aliva.  We had such a good time, and Alivia was sure to eat all of crunchy stuff on the stick of all our corndogs.
There is nothing like dancing in a field of BUBBLES on a warm evening.

We spent some time in the Idaho Falls Zoo.  A small zoo that is just the right size for a non-zoo loving Grandma.

I spent an evening with all of my kids and grandkids at the West Jordan Demolition Derby.  It was a first for us, but we quickly discovered this is the perfect activity for people of all ages.  We spent all of the time before the show began taking selfies.
It was really fun and really loud!  Little Zoey made good use of our noise-cancelling headphones.  We had to protect her new little ears.  The rest of us were yelling just as loud as the engine noise and crashing of the demo trucks.  This was "do-again" activity.  We all had so much fun!
School is back in session.  This was 3-year old, Alivia's first ride on the school bus.  She has started attending the State Funded Head Start Program.  This is the first time in my lift, that I was thankful that we have to pay taxes.

Zeke and Hayden are now wearing their "Robinhood Sweaters".  It was a long wait, but it is finally cool enough that these sweaters are of good use.  They both look so cute in them, and they love them too.
I've started me Fall Knitting.  "Alecia Beth" in Wollmeise, in the color "Vamp".  This is my swatch, knit on US 4 needles.  The needles are small and the yarn is fine.  This one is going to take a while.

This is the perfect lunch . . . a hamburger, a good book, and a fun knit.  You can see that my "Alecia Beth" is coming right along.

It has been a really busy month.  Hopefully I'll be back before another month has passed.  Happy Knitting!

No comments: