PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

February 10, 2016

I'm BACK

Since my last post . . . life has been nothing but crazy.  I've still been knitting, but haven't accomplished a great deal that I could blog about.

So here goes . . . an explosion of what has been happening in my life over the past 4 months:
In October Stevey Quinn joined our family.  She was a few weeks early, and born by emergency C-Section.  She weighed barely 5 lbs., and although tiny, she was healthy and strong.
Here is my oldest (13 years) and youngest (2 days) Grand-daughters.  I'm just crazy about them both.
This is what she looks like today.  She is up to nearly 11 lbs.  She is just a sweet, happy little girl.  We just love her!

At our annual trip to the pumpkin patch, these 3 all chose to wear their Robin Hood Sweaters.  It was a cool evening, and I'm sure they were the warmest of us all.  Stevey wore her pumpkin suit too.
This is the pumpkin my Husband chose.  I thought it looked rather strange, when we purchased it, but he always has a vision. . . . . .  He loves to carve pumpkins, and this one was just in time for the release of the new Jurassic Park Movie.  A dinosaur and a happy zucchini.
During the Summer, my daughter found a piano, free for the taking.  Dear old Dad was asked to drive to another city and pick it up.  It was stored in her sister's garage for several months, while she worked on it during her trips to visit us.  In November, it was finally finished.  We borrowed a box truck with a lift, and delivered it to her home in Idaho.  It looks great in her home, and her oldest daughter has started piano lessons, but I think Dad is finished with the moving business.
My "Knit Night" group has been participating in a knit-a-long of the "Tolt Folded Bag", by Veronik Jobe.  The bags are knit from a thick tee-shirt yarn on really large needles.  This is Joan and Percy, with their finished bags.  Others are still working on their's, and I hope to have more pictures soon.
I finished "Movie Poncho", pattern by rix-striserier.  I love it.  It is the perfect thing to throw on, when going to the movies, where it is always cold, and it frees up your arms, so you can always reach the popcorn.
My next project was Vertical Impressions, by Jana Jankeena.  Knit from Wolmeisse, in the color Spinaci, with a planned owl lace design running up the back from the "Ginny Cardigan" from the Harry Potter Knits Collection, and designed by Mari Chiba.  Christmas knitting threw this project completely off-track.  It is now February, and I am still knitting away on the neckband for this sweater.  I am on the homestretch, and should have pictures for my next post.

In late November, my iron scarecrow frame turned into a Bride for the Bridal Shower I hosted for my Nephew's future Bride.  It was a fun afternoon, and their wedding was the funnest affair, with the best Korean food I've ever eaten. 
The scarecrow was replaced with this snowman, at Christmas-time.  He stood guard over our house on through to the last day of January.  It was sad to take him down, and look forward to Valentine's Day.

This is what held up my knitting project.  I knit 15 pairs of these fingerless gloves as Christmas gifts.  They were fun to knit "Leaves" Fingerless Gloves, by Valentina Georgieva, from all of the scraps of yarn I had laying around, but 15 pairs was enough to kill me.  I won't be knitting those again soon!!
My favorite teenager got braces for her birthday.  She is looking really cute!
Mini-Me made this cute Christmas Tree to help her with learning her shapes.  She was so proud of it.

  
2016 arrived with BANG.  I spent the evening with these little cuties, playing games and eating lots of yummy food.


In January, Baby Stevey was blessed.  I made her dress, even though it is a bit hard to see in this picture.  It was crocheted from a doll pattern, her Mother found on Pinterest.  She was so cute!
Emery made these yummy Valentine's cookies for my recent "Knit Night".  We had a fun evening, and the cookies were delicious.  Several of the ladies were knitting these darling Christmas Stockings, with the names knit right in.  I'll hope to have some pictures to share when they finishing them up next month.

The twins are 9 months old now, and getting into everything.  We feel so blessed to have 9 healthy grandchildren, and we hope there are still some to come . . .

Now that the Holidays have passed, I'm back knitting on my owl sweater.  I know this has been a bit of overload, but I plan to get back to regular blogging now that my life has settled back down.  Happy Knitting . . . .

No comments: