PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

November 15, 2017

Gift Knitting

Every year at Christmas, I have a long list of Christmas gift knitting to do.  This year has been no exception.  Thanksgiving will be here soon, and this is what I have completed, so far:

Three pair of Lumberjack Socks, by: tincanknits.  I found this pattern last year, and knit two pair for my husband's birthday.  He has loved them, so gift socks were knit for this season.  Each pair is planned for different friend.  They are all knit of Berroco Vintage DK.

Maris Stella Lace Shawl, by Anna Victoria, to be gifted to another dear friend, and presented with a Treble Clef Shawl Pin.  This was a fun knit on a long circular needle.  It was my first experience with gradient yarn.  Knit of KnitPicks Stroll in the color - Sea You Later.  It was really fun to watch the colors slowly change, as you knit along.

I've started a new cardigan too.  Currently, my favorite sweater designer is Anne Hanson.  Of my collection of hand-knit sweaters, Leaving, is the sweater that I wear the most.  So I've decided to knit another of Anne's designs, Herringweave.
I thought this was the most beautiful design, and I've chosen to knit it out of Wollemeise DK, in the color Grunfink.  There is a man's pullover style included, and if I'm happy with mine, I plan to knit one for my husband too.  The Herringbone stitch pattern in unlike anything I've ever knit, and I just love the way it looks and feels.  Here is what I have knit of the back, so far:

It is always so fun to try something new.  There is no chance of growing bored with this one.  Anne is truly a knitting wizard.

Pictures of my newly updated kitchen are still to come.  We are having wood floors installed in the breakfast area and living room in the next few weeks, so everything is a complete mess right now.  This is the final step, and I just can't wait to decorate for Christmas.  We will be travelling to our daughter's house for Thanksgiving, which is a good thing, because I couldn't cook a thing at my house right now.

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all of my readers.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Cant Wait for my socks! Happy Thanksgivng!