PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

November 09, 2017

SURPRISE!

It is the end of a very busy Summer, and as things are settling into a slower, colder, season, I'm feeling the neglect of this little Blog.  Although I've been away for over a year, I haven't even once slowed down on my knitting (the passion of my lifetime).

Here is what I have been doing . . .

Just before Thanksgiving last year, I went on a week-long vacation with my sisters and Mom to Park City.  If you are a skier, you've probably been there before, and you know that it is a little, old mining town turned high-end ski resort.  We stayed at the Marriott resort and spent the week shopping in their little boutiques, cooking together, crafting, and laughing.  It was a great time for us to spend together.  In one of those boutique shops, I ran into the most beautiful, fashion knits.  The one thing that really caught my eye, was a hand-knit ski hat with a real fur pom-pom.  The hat was $250.00 (a little rich for my tastes).

When we returned home, I couldn't stop thinking about those cute ski hats, so I went on a search on the Internet for real fur pom poms.  I found the most beautiful, raccoon pom poms, I ordered them and I was "off to the races". Here they are, one for each of my daughters and grand-daughter.


They were really fun to knit, and at the end of the season I was even able to make one for me.  However, there were no raccoon pom-poms left, so mine is gray with a gray rabbit pom-pom.

For Christmas gifts for my grand-children I made each of them a pillowcase with their name appliqued on.  This with a new pillow was the perfect gift.  I made 11 of them.  9 for our grandchildren and a set for my husband to use when he is hunting.
I also tried out a little "wool applique", making this pumpkin pillow from a kit, for my kitchen bench.  Although that bench looks completely different now, since we have changed-up our kitchen during the Summer (pictures of finished product to come).  I worked on this pillow while we were on a hunting trip to Texas, where I also knit Lumberjack Socks  for my husband's birthday.

Then I launched into the knitting of a Derica Kane Sweater, and an  Effervescence Cardigan.  Both knit in conjunction with a Custom Fit Pattern.




Well, that should certainly be enough over-load for now . . . but, I'll be back soon, with pictures of my newly styled kitchen, my Summer knitting projects, and what I'm working on now.


1 comment:

Knit-Zilla said...

This is a test.